Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gee, Photos.....Really ? What a surprise...



So, after a while you just have to say,"Quit it !" and go do something fun. Enough with the mind games and have to's and jackassery and all this crap we all deal with on a daily basis. Whatever that fun thing is that you like to do, go do it. I turn off my phone and grab a camera and go for a walk with my wife. Whether I take pictures or not is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that I am sequestered from the shenanigans (thanks Norma !) and can just be. I even have a place I can walk to right across the street. These photos are representative of my escape.

Anyway, I have become addicted, ADDICTED, I SAY !! to Art Wolfe's "Travels to the Edge." artwolfe.com.......I have supped the kool-aid and am a believer. Worth it for the enthusiasm and the attention to what is important and the subtle lessons on photography. He just seems to have so much freakin fun doing what he does and I want that too. So, I go for A WALK, take pictures and leave no trace behind.

The spots on the photos are bugs and sticks and stuff that floats in the lake I walk around. Living in Virginia, these things are a fact of life on our man-made lakes. I like them for the subtle colors and composition. If you would like, YOU can photoshop the hell out of them. Not this kid. I know what it looks like and it is cool by me. I have the mosquito bites to prove it.

Anyway, go do something FUN...... For YOU....... You need to before you can't.

Love
Purpose
Peace

No comments: