Sunday, January 17, 2010

More of "the tools" and just more




Very special thanks to Patrick O'Brien in Building 10 at the Lorton Workhouse for allowing me to take some quick photos of his workspace. The purity of his work is mesmerizing. His pieces are simply beautiful and are definitely worth checking out. www.ohbewood.com

Obviously still working on my series as well as other things. Trying to see more in black and white. Trying to simplify my imaging. Working on process steps and trying new things. Really need to work on patience. It is crazy that I can look at a particular piece of art for half-hour or more, but can hardly wait to be finished with my own work. This creates the problem of choosing pieces that I initially think are worthy and discovering that there is a flaw that prevents me from going forward with my existing plan. THIS leads to depression and over-thinking and I am two steps away from selling everything and then my wife steps in and institutes the corrective action plan and eventually I get back on the horse. Fortunately, the down time is getting less and less. Better for both of us 'cause I can be a pain in the ass when it comes to my work.

Lots of opportunity for showings, people. I can't wait to see what is next !

R

1 comment:

Andy Ilachinski said...

Cool, I like where this is heading...more precisely, I love the heading it is on ;-) Nice work!