Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Insomnia Part 2



Hope the freaking text doesn't bleed over like last time. Do as I want, not as I do, stupid program. Can't sleep again. Two days in a row. Something must be bothering me, but I do not know what. Other people have tangible problems, I tend to have existential problems and they are a pain in the ass. I secretly want to be selfish, yet I absolutely abhor that trait in others and the entire "look at me !" society. I secretly want the spotlight, yet my meditations tell me to quell my ego. I would have liked to be a world traveling photographer in the 1920's, yet I rarely leave the state in which I live. I live in a world of color, LOVE color, and yet I am shooting more and more in black and white (happily, I might add). I think I am a pain in my OWN ass. Wrap your brains around THAT one.

The uppermost picture says a lot about how I currently feel about people and society in general. There is no reason why ALL the chairs cannot be straight and in line. Started out pretty good but eventually just slapped it together and said, "whatever (sigh)" and went on not caring a whole lot about anything. It's not OCD or any other acronym or label, it is sometimes called a "work ethic." Some people actually take pride in how things look and how well they do their assigned task. The world is filled with 80 percenters, people that do 80 % of a task and then mysteriously fade away. Just finish it.

In the world of art stuff, the current "picture of the month" is on tour. Currently in small form @ the USGS in Reston through the end of July and its larger version will be @ the W-16 Gallery @ Lorton in August for the Juried Photographic Show (I won't call it "annual" as it is the first one and there are no guarantees that it will happen again as no one knows what the future holds. Men plan, God laughs). On a REALLY cool note, my friend Dan Davidson was accepted to the juried show @ Lorton as well. It will be his first juried show and I hope he wins. He has a very interesting perspective and the ability to capture your attention with it. NOT cookie cutter or stock, truly very cool stuff. I look forward to hearing more positive things from his camp. I will also be hanging a few things @ the Fairfax County Government Center in July and August. First floor starting July 11th. Trying to get my act together to get some bin work @ Strathmore in Md. We'll see if I make it this month. Definately in September. A few more things are on the horizon that I will keep posting as they are more concrete.

Be nice and be more.

R

No comments: