Sunday, October 26, 2008

Before my ramblings, a huge THANK YOU to Shami and everyone at Burke Cigar as well as Walter of Perdomo. You all really helped me make sense of a lot of things this weekend and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You can count on me to be a dedicated customer for life !

It can be so easy to deceive yourself. I've done it for way too long and I am tired of it. Rationalization for any bad situation can be bad for your overall well being. I am fascinated by Stockholm Syndrome. It makes me wonder how anyone subjected by it overcomes it. What processes are utilized ? How many people just bootstrapped themselves back to what was normal for them ? And of these people, how many were permanently changed for the better after recovery ?
I have had one of the best weekends I've had in a while. I met new people in a positive environment, made new friends, realized who my friends are, and ENJOYED myself. It is amazing the energy created by being around positive, happy people doing what they love. It is depressing to be around people who don't give a shit and don't care who knows it. Mike Singletary, new coach of the 49ers, is definately my most interesting person this weekend. He sent his $24 million player to the showers because he did not want to be part of something better. Rather than putting up with excuses and BS, HE took a stand and said, "NO !" It takes courage to be successful.
"Why do we suck?"
"We've sucked for years."
"Oh. OK. Why don't we get better?"
"I don't know, We just don't."
"Oh, OK."
No, not OK. It is time to take control and not put up with whatever.
Don't let the bastards win.
I won't.
Reflections do not show what is truly real, for only we know what is inside.
Love
Purpose
Peace

No comments: